Saturday, May 7, 2011

January

I'm not exactly sure how I got so far behind on our blog, but I did & now I am going to have multiple posts to catch you up to the present. I will start where we left off after Christmas... January was the month of Grace's 1st birthday! The pictures below are VERY out of orders, as some are from my camera, and others from Homer & Laurie's.

A picture of everybody, minus Papa Homer who is taking the picture. Laurie & Homer came for Grace's 1st birthday weekend. It was so nice to have them here to celebrate in the festivities! I can't believe how fast 1 year went by. The days are long, but the time in years flies by - soon we'll blink & she will be 11 like her big sister!



She had already eaten her cupcake here & was bumming off of Nana Laurie. She is a master at bumming food, and she eats CONSTANTLY! I told her doctor at her last check up that we thought she was eating an abnormally large amount of food everyday, but apparently because she refuses to drink milk like other babies, she instead gets her calories from food. She is our piggy baby (definitely belongs in this family)!



Andrew's parents helped him set up these gates to enclose a playroom for Grace. Aunt Justina & Uncle Gene, along with Andrew's parents, generously purchased these for Grace's birthday (although we seem to like the gift more than Grace does).




Daddy helping Grace blow out her first birthday candle!



Aunt Boo sent Grace this beautiful Mud Pie cupcake outfit, complete with a hat, for her first birthday; however, Grace refused to wear the hat. That didn't stop us from trying multiple times. So cute!




Playing with our new xylophone & drum sent from Aunt Justina & Uncle Gene! She loves her instruments!




We are not sure about being gated in...




Like I said above, Grace doesn't like milk. She gave it up with the bottle she took for a few months after weaning from breastfeeding. She also hates juice. Weird! She loves water & drinks probably 3 or 4 of these a day. Like Mama like daughter! I told the doctor that she comes from a long line of women who don't drink milk. I'm sure she will survive on other sources of dairy.



Stuffing our face with cupcake! Funfetti cake with vanilla cream cheese buttercream frosting, yummo!




Messy babylove!



More eating pictures! She kept signing for "more" & "please" after she was done. I get it kiddo, you come from a long line of sweet tooths on both sides:) There was never any hope for you there!




Trying to get her to wear the hat!




It was okay on her tray, just not her head.




1st birthday cupcake!




Cupcake tier!




We look like we love our gate here... Now she stands and cries at it unless someone is in there playing with her. She's not one of those babies that likes to entertain herself. She is very busy, curious, and exhausting, but we wouldn't trade a moment of it!




She liked her birthday card from her sister!



Kate gave her her first Webkin (win/win situation - Grace got the stuffed animal, Kate got the code for the online animal). Grace was always trying to take Kate's Webkins, so Kate thought she needed her own.




My beautiful girls!




Opening presents, fun fun fun!



Kate enjoys helping Grace unwrap her gifts. She is such a good big sister!




More help please!



Somebody loved their birthday balloon! Please ignore my red eye, I had a spontaneous intraocular hemorrhage that weekend.... totally creepy looking!




Still likes to sleep on Dada's chest, and Dada still loves to snooze in the Lazy Boy glider/recliner in the nursery!



Naked baby! I think baby bums are so cute! This is a daily occurrence around here. Grace would prefer to unload cabinets & unpack bags to playing with toys, unless of course they belong to Kate. :)




Sorry for the shortened version of my usual blog post stories. I have a lot of ground to cover to get caught up! -SR

No comments:

Post a Comment