Friday, February 12, 2010

Catching Up

So I went on hiatus for a little while from blogging, but now that our newest addition has arrived, I feel the need to catch everyone up. We will start where we left off, November...



We celebrated Thanksgiving in Smith Center, Kansas with Andrew's family. This is where his mother was raised and his grandparents still live. I was 30 weeks pregnant here and it was my last weekend to travel before the baby was to come. The family surprised us Thanksgiving morning with a toast and a diaper bag surprise! Both Andrew and I received a diaper bag of our own and everyone brought items to fill them up. It was a wonderful & unexpected surprise!



Kate had lots of fun! She played Mexican train (a family domino game); went to the park & made friends with other visiting families; helped entertain little cousins (getting practice in for little sister); had a sleep over with Aunt Justina, who flew & drove all the way from southern Texas to see us for Thanksgiving; played bocce ball in Aunt Eliese's backyard; and anything else she could find to do. Here we are pretending we know how to play the piano.



And of course some time on the Wii!



Here we are Christmas Eve in front of our tree prior to going to the noon service at church. We celebrated Christmas this year just the three of us on Christmas Eve, as I had to work Christmas Day. Doesn't Kate look lovely in her Cinderella dress? The tag actually says "Cinderella".



A family tradition, we exchange new pajamas on Christmas Eve every year and take a picture Christmas morning on our couch. Kate was a good sport and got up at 5 am so that we could celebrate Christmas morning before I left for work. I am sure she went back to bed after I was gone.



Santa Claus brought us a Nintendo DS, which mom & dad were totally shocked by, considering we are not huge fans of video games. Luckily, most of the games he brought were of some educational value. Imagine that!



In January, the week before Grace arrived, Kate and I went on a shopping spree just the two of us. We had a wonderful day! One of the items we were looking for was a new dress for her school dance performance later that week. We tried many shops, until we found the dress she wanted. Very cute Miss Kathryn!



Kate did a great job dancing and was really good at posing for the camera at the most picture perfect moments; of course our old camera could not keep up and this was the final straw. We decided it was time to buy a new camera before the birth of our second daughter. Out of all of Kate's poses while dancing, I caught two. A few days before Grace arrived we purchased a new camera, and I will post those pictures next, which I am sure everyone is anxiously awaiting. -SR

No comments:

Post a Comment