Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Nursery

Okay, so before I introduce Miss Grace, I feel it is necessary to show you where she will be living. Since I wouldn't even know how to post a video or "virtual tour", I tried to align the pictures so that you could see the flow of the room. The only thing I left out was the closet... real exciting; however, I will say that it is nice to have a laundry chute in the closet that is directly to the left of the changing table. Very convenient! Don't forget you can click on each picture as you go for an enlarged image. The completed nursery:


The changing station, complete with lovely mirrors that Laurie & Homer sent us. The light bulb from the ceiling fan reflecting in them really messes with their facets, in other words, the picture does not do them justice. Then the diaper pail, which is made for short people, is not my favorite piece, but an obvious necessity. The crib with beautiful bedding, also given to us by Andrew's parents, is a decoration piece at the moment, as Grace is sleeping with us (yes, not in her expensive co-sleeper, but in our bed).


More of the nursery, as we make our way around.


The chair (glider/recliner), our big splurge, where we hope to enjoy many nights of story time, rocking, & nursing our sweet baby girl. Andrew said it was "very important I have a comfortable place to nurse the baby"; I think he left out the part about he really likes chairs and has always wanted a lazy boy. It is very comfortable, so it's a win, win!


I must give recognition to my wonderful husband, who spent many hours making this stripe wall exactly how I wanted it. As I had said previously, it was the product of an engineer's mind utilizing exact measurements. There were many supplies, including tape, caulk, a level, a pencil, measuring tape, and countless hours before bed. Thanks again honey!



My mom came in December to paint Grace's wall letters and to shoot maternity pictures. They look just perfect above the crib! Kate has a bear that Andrew gave her when we moved here, that she still sleeps with every night. She wanted her little sister to have a special bear also, so as you can see "Oatmeal" bear is sitting in Grace's crib, a gift from her big sister. Another special thing about the location of the crib is that I can see it from my side of the bed in my room. That means that Grace will be able to see me when she gets older; whether or not that is a good thing will remain to be seen.

Next post, welcome Grace! -SR

No comments:

Post a Comment