Thursday, November 19, 2009

October/November

Okay, so I've admitted to myself that if I post once a month, then I am doing pretty good. The end of October was lots of fun, with Halloween & a pumpkin carving party with some friends (of course the only picture I have to show for the party is the actual finished product pumpkin, go figure).

Also, for those who don't know, if you click on the pictures as you go, they enlarge for better viewing.



I had to work on Halloween, so I made it home around 8p and Andrew & Kate had already been trick or treating. I think Kate had more fun answering the door and giving out candy while dressed up as a vampire. She wanted to be something "dark" this year, was her exact expression used when deciding on a costume. Nana Laurie made this custom cape she is wearing, along with the trick or treat bag to match. Isn't it beautiful!



Kate got to wear her costume to ballet the week of Halloween, and many people wanted to know where she bought her fabulous cape. The response was "Nana's workshop"; if only she knew how spoiled she is. (I'm beginning to think she does, she just chooses not the lead on.) The teeth only stayed in for the pictures, as they were uncomfortable over her braces. Andrew said she was very picky this year about what houses she would go up to. If there was any sort of scary decoration, even fake spider webs, she opted to skip that house.



Since mom was at work when she needed to get ready, she was on her own for make up. She did ask permission prior to the event, which I appreciated very much. I think she did a pretty good job for playing the part of a vampire, I wonder if that was the look she was going for?



This was her pumpkin she carved (with help of course). We had a friend of mine from work over with her 2 kids, along with a neighbors kid. I think carving pumpkins is always more work for the parents, kids are good at delegating the design plan and sitting by to make sure the project goes as planned. We made English muffin pizzas, but skipped the caramel apples this year because of the braces situation.



Kate ended up staying the night at her friend's house that night & thanks to the blizzard we had earlier that week, there was lots of snow for sledding. I had to work, but my friend Jen sent me this picture of Kate during the fun. Lovely expression!



The nursery project is in full swing! Andrew completed the stripes for the nursery. They look wonderful! It was a very time consuming task, that involved a tape measure, pencil, level, tape, & caulk, along with lots of patience & a couple late nights. We will call it a labor of love; having a perfectionist for a wife, he has perfected his skills on how to deal with me & my project ideas. He did such a great job, don't you think?



The night the tape came off, the chair was delivered (our lovely glider/recliner) and I was ready for all the other furniture to be put together. It has been in boxes since September, but all of the sudden I felt like it needed to be done right away. Of course, my very patient husband humoured me and set it all up that same night. There is still lots to be done, curtains to be found, wall decor to be hung, but as we just started our last trimester, we should have time. I am always a ball of stress needing everything to be done right away, otherwise maybe it won't get done in time & Andrew is just like my mom with sayings such as "it will all come together, stop worrying" and the ever favorite "it's all good". And it truly is "all good"! -SR

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the room!!!!!! Very you! And I totally think we scarred our kids for life that one year we took Katy and Christian to that haunted house in Ravensway! I laughed when you mentioned Katy was picky about the houses. :o)

    Love you hon! Miss you more!

    ReplyDelete