Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just because...

...we finally got a new computer! This has been on our wish list for years, but as most of you know real life usually gets in the way, and wish list items get put on hold. Much like our vacuum & camera, we finally got new ones when the old ceased to work any longer. Now my blog postings will not take nearly as long as they use to. Woohoo! And, we can finally return Andrew's parent's little netbook that they lent us to Skype. For those living far away, feel free to email us for our Skype Name. It is lots of fun! I just have a few pictures to post, but will have more after this weekend. We have quite a weekend planned!


Kathryn turned 10 years old on May 2nd. Man how fast time flies! I can't believe that when Grace is Kate's age, that Kate will be 20 years old and in college. And college is not optional, period. Kate came home from school the Friday before her birth date & saw this balloon sticking out of the fridge. We had a fun night of family celebration planned!


Nana Laurie & Papa Homer had sent her a fruit bouquet, hence the arrangement being in the fridge. What a nice surprise!


We enjoyed snacking on the fruit bouquet while Kate enjoyed opening a few small gifts from Mom & Dad. What a treat the fruit was, thank you Nana & Papa! Written in her card was the clue for her big gift surprise, which we were taking her shopping for that evening. "I ride on two, while sometimes you ride on four. What am I?"


Check out the cute new headband from Vera Bradley. I have a matching black one, and just received a red one for mother's day. She also got a bottle cap necklace which was invented by a 12 year old girl, who now runs the company, making & designing these. Who would of thought a piece of stretchy cotton with a washer attached to hold a decorated bottle cap glued to a magnet would be the latest preteen fashion. She also got a cute little pair of sterling silver tiny hoop earrings, but will have to wait a year to wear these (Mom read the directions for ear care on recently pierced ears after I bought them).


Grace & I waiting in the car while Kate gets her kickstand put on. Miss Gracie had had enough of the store so we headed back to the car for a diaper change, feeding, and change of scenery. I am horrible at taking these kind of self pictures. I just saw that they came out with a camera that has a screen on the front for self portraits. What an idea! I am surprised my husband/inventor didn't think of that. He is always inventing things that he could retire off of.


Kathryn Elisabeth with her brand new bike sporting the "I'm Unique" shirt that her cousin Hannah in Texas sent her for her birthday. Andrew just finished finals yesterday, and April showers seem to have brought us more May showers, so Kate has only practiced riding a hand full of times. We are going to have to keep working on it. She gets her balance, Dad lets go, she pedals 3-4 times before she realizes Dad has let go, then dumps her bike & jumps off. I keep envisioning that one day she is just going to take off. But hey, the agreement still stands that she has to learn to ride her bike before she can learn to drive a car. It's all up to her!


Kate making cupcakes to take to school on Monday. She actually did everything herself with little guidance, except for the oven part of course. They were delicious! She made me an extra special one with lots of icing that I enjoyed with my coffee Monday morning. Nothing like dessert for breakfast with coffee! I had to work that weekend, so I told Kate I would make her cupcakes Monday morning and bring them up to school. I was impressed that she took care of it herself. I am usually good for nothing on Mondays, as I just finished working 26 out of 48 hours, not including drive/preparation time. What a thoughtful daughter I have.


Grace pondering the water being splashed in her face. She kicks her legs a lot in the bath & splashes water on her face, then wonders where it came from. Oh the joy of experiencing things through the eyes of a baby. How cool is it that mundane daily things to us are things they are experiencing for the first time. Fascinating!


P.S. Aren't those chubby cheeks super cute! I can't believe it has already been over 3 months since she was born. We look forward to bath time everyday, one, because she loves it, and two, because it marks the start of the bedtime routine. Bath time, baby massage, story time, goodnight... and our little bundle of joy sleeps through the night, how considerate of her.

Like I said above, we have a busy weekend planned. I have the weekend off from work, so of course I had to make it count. Andrew's mom, Laurie is coming in tonight to help with all the festivities, and Andrew's dad, Homer will be joining us Saturday morning. Friday night is Kate's gourmet cooking & sleepover birthday party, Saturday night is Andrew's good friends wedding (Luz & Tylor, who have been dating since college, so like 10 years, are finally saying "I do"), and Sunday we are baptizing Grace Elaine. I will have lots of pictures to post! -SR

2 comments:

  1. So still no luck with riding the bike huh? I love that edible arrangement...always wanted to get one of those! And miss Grace is too cute for her own good! I'll ave to sign up for Skype now that you got your computer.
    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kate! I can't believe she is 10. I love these theme parties although I am sure they can get a little out of hand, your idea is super cute and doable.
    Mason had that same bathtub, it made me miss baby time, they grow to fast! Can't wait to see your next post....Tylor and Luz getting married, that is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete